Saturday, July 13, 2013

So this is Christmas

IN JULY! 

Here at Peninsula Players, we celebrate Christmas in July complete with Secret Santas and necessary gift-giving shenanigans. In order to get my first gift from my Secret Santa, I had to give everyone a high five at lunch time. A few people had my gifts throughout the cast and staff, so when I got to them, they held up the present instead of a high five. Tonight, in order to get my gift, I have to give a speech at Bar Night. Some of the best shenanigans included a public performance by Cher, several renditions of Christmas Carols, interpretive dancing, scavenger hunts, a murder mystery game as well as some word scrambles. All shenanigans are optional of course, but if you want your gift and don't mind being a little silly, we just say go for it! Sunday we will do a Christmas feast and the opening of presents after the show. There have even been committees established to take care of the decorations and food. The theme this year is AWESOME! I will post pictures when I can; it is all super secret until the party of course. Monday, the day off for the entire company, we will be doing a traditional post-Christmas Boxing Day full of beach time and BBQ-ing in Peninsula State Park.

So upon closing this little update, I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas.




IN JULY! 

One of the many beautiful sunsets on our beach property.

No comments:

Post a Comment